Monday, August 2, 2010

First Day of VBS

So today was the first day! Michee and I were in charge of all the games and activities for the kids. It was a little rough because, obviously I cant speak the language, and Michee and I still had to work together to entertain the kids. Poor Michee had to do all the talking and creative stuff! We did some relay games and tag... Tag didnt work out so well because the floor was super slippery in the sanctuary. It was pouring down rain, so all the kids were stuck in the church all day. I had planned for soccer and basketball outside, but since it was raining, we had no plan at all for the games and activities! I think we did a pretty good job improvising though.


Michee and I got to the church at about ten this morning, and then the VBS started at one in the afternoon. It was a good turnout, there were alot of kids! I learned how to say "welcome" in Mongolian today! I greeted the kids as they came in, with another girl named "Deggy". I met some more people my age who were helping with the VBS. I learned a lot of names today... Also, there was a guy there who spoke a little more english than the rest of the other helpers. I cant remember how to say his name in Mongolian, but he told me it was Philip in English... "Pujay" maybe? We talked about music and I asked him to translate for me when Michee couldnt. My favorite part of today was doing the song motions on the stage with the other worship leaders. That was a lot of fun learning the different dances and teaching them to the kids. There was one english one by Hillsong, "Jesus you're my super hero". I like it!




Lastly, these are the letters that spell out "welcome" in Mongolian. Michee and I made them last night to hang on the wall behind the stage! I really wish I could speak some of the language... I think I'm catching on to the tones and body language, so I can usually guess what they're saying:].


No comments:

Post a Comment