Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nature: Butterflies, Thorny Brush, Sunshine, and More Darkhan Countryside

I woke up this morning with a lovely sore throat and slight fever... Despite this, we drove out to the countryside again, this time with Michee's parents, and her uncle. The road that we took to the picnic area was all dirt. I loved the drive there because it was like a roller coaster and the scenery was so beautiful. For lunch, we had the best lamb and vegetable kebobs EVER. It was delicious. Everywhere you looked, there were butterflies and flowers. The weather even got a little chilly with a wind and nice shade. We ate berries and I had SO much chocolate today...
Twins much? I should have started counting, how many times people asked us if we were twins! With the sunglasses, it really looks like we're related.

These pictures are from the last day of VBS. The kids had a little "concert" performance on the last day with dancing and some singing. I got part of one dance on video, but it was a little shaky... I was amazed that despite the language barrier, how many kids I was still able to connect with. Aunt Lisa put Michee and I in charge of outside "game time". My favorite part of the VBS was dancing with the kids and playing soccer with the little boys. :] There was also a group of the older, thirteen year old girls. On the last day they were speaking a little english, so with my broken Mongolian and their broken English, we tried talking about the boys there and stuff about school. :] My last day in Darkhan is tomorrow. We are going to church and then leaving afterwards for UB. I fly out, early Monday morning...


2 comments:

  1. Emily, these are wonderful photos. I never pictured Mongolia being so beautiful. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Haniki that I would love that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete