Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beautiful, Green Darkhan


There will be a lack of pictures today because I forgot to take my camera with me when we went to the market. Today started with a breakfast of scrambled eggs with salami and cheese and two pieces of toast with jelly and my "american peanut butter". Aunt Haniki and I went to church this morning [it being Sunday for me, and probably Saturday for you :]. The first song that they sang was "Hosanna" by Hillsong and I was excited that I knew this song in english. The whole service was in Mongolian so I understood nothing of what was going on. At the end of the service, the church welcomed me by holding their hands out and singing to me. I really wish I could speak more Mongolian... I am learning little words here and there but Mongolian is very difficult. Namuun [the girl I met on the plane] said that it was the hardest out of Korean and Chinese... "Yahhhna!" [This is an exclamation that Aunt Haniki taught me. We use this word often!]

I met another girl, a friend of Aunt Haniki. Her name is "Meechi". I'm not incredibly sure on how to spell it, I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but phonetically i think its pretty close... She took me on a walk and we talked all afternoon til now. [Its about 10:10pm here in Mongolia]. We made pancakes together [yes mom, Aunt Haniki actually got me to cook something in the kitchen... shocking I know, you must tell Joanna lol]. Then we took the pancakes to her mom and family. I think that was their first time having pancakes! She has the nicest family and I really look forward to spending time with them. I've already told Aunt Haniki how I know it's going to be hard leaving, even if that is two weeks from now... Yahna. We start planning all the activities and games that we'll be doing for the kids this next week. I have bracelets to make, walls to paint, books to read, and a whole lot of Veggie Tale episodes to watch!

I love it here. End of story.


And lastly, note to Dad. On the way to Darkhan yesterday Uncle Pieter pointed out some cranes, crows, and vultures to me. All I could think about was you and your birds... :] There aren't many trees around here so you wouldn't have too much variety to stare at though. I love you!


1 comment:

  1. So, what bird is that? I'm guessing a black and white crow! Great blog em!

    ReplyDelete