Today started with going out to lunch with "all the single ladies". I had some spicy beef stuff with vegetables and rice. After lunch I went to the bank with Karen and Ali to exchange some US dollars for mongolian money. Ali flies back to Australia soon, but Karen is staying. Aunt Haniki, Karen, Ali, and I later went out again to look around UB in the stores and such. It's really hot in the apartment at night, so Aunt Haniki was looking for another fan... Didn't find one but luckily there was one hiding in my room after all! The rest of us looked around in the other stores and I got a keychain and backpack. These two pictures below are of Karen and Ali.... This is Karen getting excited about real batteries, not cheap-o chinese batteries! I had to take this second picture because Ali seriously thought this "hair straightener" was a giant, hardcore stapler!
There is nonstop noise of honking and jackhammering... Day. and Night. :]




Emily, I love your blog....looking forward to reading about all of the wonderful things you will get to experience on the other side of the world (well I think that is where Mongolia is lol)
ReplyDeleteWe love you and look forward to getting you back safe and sound ~ I know you will touch many hearts for there.