Our beautiful wall.
Aunt Haniki, Uncle Pieter, and I left the house this morning around 9 to go the church. Michee and I pumped up these giant bouncy balls for the kids to play with. It literally took FOREVER. I talked to my mom on skype today and she said that she could hear the sound of the ball pump the entire time we were talking. By the time we were done, I still hadnt finished... Yahna. :] Playing with the kids was so much fun. My favorite part of today was painting the walls in the backyard of the church. You should have seen the boys go CRAZY with the paint. Dripping, throwing, mixing... I lost count on how many times i told Ochoo not to mix the purple and yellow. He kept insisting that he knew what he was doing, even when his color-mixing consistently turned a gross shade of brooowwn. Out of about ten kids, there were only two girls. They were really good with the paint. Their brother, Caleb, will be going to school in India for this next year! He's only thirteen! Talk about an experience! Oh, and I figured out how to spell Michee! I was close, I just had the "i" and "ee" mixed up.
This was before we got all messy and sticky from the paint. I tried painting without my gloves but soon realized that wasnt so smart. The paint didnt come off with water very easily.
Caleb, Sophie, and Malachi.
[In the background you can see the giant ball that I pumped up. It's big?!?]
Lastly, Thank you so much to Mom, Dad, and all the women in my Mom's Bible Study who put together that little devotional book for me. I read one everyday. I love you all!








Emily, who drew the picture before it was painted by the children?
ReplyDeleteI love your description of the boys' painting methods. So typical! Funny how some things cross borders. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the MK's with the other kids... wonderful descriptions and capturing of the excitement Em.
ReplyDelete