Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip and Banana Pancakes




Second day of VBS! Michee and I just had a delicious dinner of chocolate chip and banana pancakes! Karen invited us over for dinner and it was amazing... I even had some dark hot chocolate. [I hate hot chocolate:]]. We were much more successful with the games and organization for the kids today. Yesterday, everything was super "on the spot" and spontaneous... "Duck, Duck, Goose" was a hit, as well as "Steal the Bacon" among all the kids. Towards the end of the day, the weather even cleared up and the kids got to play outside! Soccer and Basketball!!! Even though it's raining, it's a nice break from the hot weather that you all are probably experiencing in CA. :]]. We pumped up the giant balls again and used that for the "Steal the Bacon". The boys really got into and enjoyed that game.

Usually I like being the one in charge, and leading everyone else in projects, and things like VBS's. It's different being the one this time who does mostly the "watching and following", rather than the "leading". I help where I can and I think that's good for me to experience the other side of that leadership role... I am enjoying the "learning aspect" of this trip because I am doing little teaching. I've enjoyed listening and observing all the different teachers lead the kids and watch them shine in their different ways. There's a lot I'm learning here and I feel incredibly blessed to work with all these amazing leaders at the CAMA church.



"Jesus Loves The Children"
Есүс Xyyxayyaea xahptah

2 comments:

  1. Em...LOVE the fact that you are really loving it there. Make the best of your last week. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun,fun,fun! I'm glad that the children liked the games. Have an awesome week :) Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete