Monday, July 26, 2010


This is my friend that I've told you about. I am so glad that she is willing to hang out, and put up with me here! Today, she came with us to the church. We went to a meeting that started planning the VBS for next week. It was all in Mongolian, but I didnt mind. I like listening to the language even though I cant understand any of it. Today, we also learned a dance to this korean worship song that we'll perform for the kids next week. Meechi and I still have to learn two other dances before Sunday... I may not be able to talk, but I'm glad that I can learn fast choreography to a dance! That was a lot of fun. Tomorrow we start working with some kids from our apartment complex. We'll be painting a wall with animals and such [just my kind of thing:], as well as reading english books and watching Veggie Tales **cough-- Ashley Christine!** lol.


This is a picture from the market. It's inside a building, and there are many other joining tables with different types of things to sell. They have everything from shampoo, nail polish, and makeup foundation, to batteries, purses, clothing, and sponges. They also have food and fake name brand clothing like "Puma, Nike, Abercrombie, and American Eagle". I asked Aunt Haniki if they were real name brand stuff and she said that we were too close to China for that... :]

Today was the first day that I've graced Aunt Haniki, Meechi, and Uncle Pieter with my fantastic singing voice. On the way back from the church, I definitely was singing some T-Swift, Justin Beiber, and Taio Cruz... Oh Carmen you would be so proud... :]

5 comments:

  1. Next time we go to the market, you're going to come home with one of those horse carts. You and Michee. We'll get you an extra slow, lazy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yana, how does this thing work, I said that, not Emily. In any case .... Haniki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singing???? watch out Pieter and Haniki.... once she starts, it is non stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, how many children do you think will be in VBS?
    I spent yesterday (Sunday) downloading my photos of our time in Arnold and Yosemite. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandma- im not sure, we had a meeting but i didnt understand anything... we're playing with kids this week from our apartment and then with the mk's of the families with CAMA. [thats about 10 kids]

    ReplyDelete